Associate Member of the Year - False Alarm Reduction Association, 2002
Donna Martin Spirit Award (Associate Member of the Year) - International Association of Security and Investigative Regulators, 2002
National Burglar & Fire Alarm Association:1/97 – 4/02.
Managed national trade association with staff of sixteen. Restructured association, rewrote bylaws, developed and implemented strategic plans and budgets. Supported sixty member Board of Directors. Added affiliations in six states. Expanded membership from twenty eight hundred to thirty six hundred company members. Served as liaison to regulatory, law enforcement and public safety associations. Developed and conducted regional and national meetings. Led group of Subject Matter Experts to create a three year apprenticeship program. Developed and implemented national false alarm prevention program. Created and maintained three websites and two databases. Created online weekly leadership and member newsletters.
Assistant Executive Director:
National Burglar & Fire Alarm Association: 8/95 - 12/96.
Continued as Education Director while managing sixteen staff members. Developed and implemented strategic plans and budgets. Developed and documented committee structure. Authored and revised Certified Alarm Technician Level 1 course, Central Station Operator Course and multiple seminars. Obtained course approval and served as compliance agent for occupational licensing in five states. Developed and maintained custom member and training database. Rewrote Model False Alarm Ordinance.
National Burglar & Fire Alarm Association: 1/91 - 7/95.
Established procedures to transition from volunteer to staff administered certification program. Updated all courses from handmade drawings to computer generated overhead transparencies and later to color slides. Authored the Understanding Alarms course and co-authored four Advanced Alarm Technician courses. Expanded number of students served from one hundred to five hundred per week.
Security & Energy Technologies Corporation: SETEC.: 5/90 - 9/90.
Managed Central Station, Installation, Service, and Customer Service departments. Set prices, engineered, installed and serviced access control and alarm systems. Trained sales, service, installation and monitoring staff. Expanded operation from eight access accounts to fifty. Expanded in-house digital accounts from twenty to over two hundred. Expanded dealer monitoring from zero to over fifteen hundred accounts. Coordinated enhancements to computer hardware and software. Developed job descriptions for all personnel.
Security & Energy Technologies Corporation: SETEC.: 5/88 - 5-90.
Formed and managed Installation and Service departments. Set prices, engineered, installed and serviced access control and alarm systems. Trained sales, service, installation and monitoring staff.
Vice President & C.E.O.:
Access Sales, Incorporated: A.S.I.: 2/88 - 5/88.
Responsible for sales and distribution of access control products in Mid-Atlantic region. Became largest distributor of Northern Computer products nationally in 1988. Provided design assistance, customer support and training.
Access Sales, Incorporated: A.S.I.: 7/87 - 2/88.
Created A.S.I. while at Security Inc. Developed and implemented business plan, marketing strategy and negotiated agreements with suppliers & manufacturers. Worked at Security, Inc. and ASI until February 1988.
Security, Incorporated:1/83 - 2/88.
Managed operation with seventy five employees in Central Station, Customer Service, and Access Control divisions. Engineered systems, reviewed all bids and approved all access contracts before acceptance. Developed price lists, trained sales and technical personnel. Managed sales personnel when company did not have a sales manager.
- Security Consultant: Knight Security Services: 8/82 - 1/83
- Technician: Beltway Alarm Services: 6/81 - 8/82
- Owner: Dependable Security Systems: 2/81 - 6/81
- Service Manager: Crime Detection & Prevention Systems: 6/80 - 2/81
- Installation & Service Manager: Nova Security Systems: 1/80 - 6/80
- Crew Chief: Crime Detection & Prevention Systems: 4/79 - 1/80
- Installer: Operational Security Systems: 1/79 - 4/79
- Salesman & Installer: Cain Security Systems: 6/78 - 1/79
- Deputy Campaign Manager: Williams For U.S. Senate: 1/77 - 5/78
- Monitoring Coordinator & Installer: Kastle Security: 10/74 - 12/77
- School Board Member: Fairfax County, Virginia: 7/73 - 7/74
- International Association of Security and Investigative Regulators: Board Member, 5/98- 4/02.
- Consortium for Electronic Systems Training: Board Member, 3/97 – 3/02.
- International Association of Chiefs of Police, Private Sector Liaison Committee: Member, 96- Present.
- False Alarm Reduction Association: Member Certification Committee, 01-02.
- Fairfax County, Virginia Security Alarm Commission: Member, 91.
- Virginia Burglar & Fire Alarm Association: Honorary Member; President, 89-91; Vice President, 88-89.
- International Security Conference: Instructor "Getting Started In Access Control", Chicago, 87.
- International Security Conference: Instructor "Getting Started In Access Control", Orlando, 87.
- International Security Conference: Instructor: Instructor "Access Control- An Installers Forum", NY, 88.
- Radionics Vital Information Processor, Users Group: Chairman, 89-90.
- National School Boards Association: Panelist, National Convention, 74.
- United States Congress: Intern, Congressman Harold Fords Office, 76.
- Reston Community Association: President, 80-81; Vice President, 79-80.
- Commonwealth of Virginia: Certified Private Security Instructor, 96.
- National Burglar & Fire Alarm Association: Electronic Access Control Instructor, 98.
- National Burglar & Fire Alarm Association: Certified Security Salesperson, 95.
- National Burglar & Fire Alarm Association: Advanced Alarm Technician, 91.
- National Burglar & Fire Alarm Association: Certified Alarm Technician, 86.
- National Burglar & Fire Alarm Association: Regional Certified Training Instructor, 86.